The General Secretariat is made up of experienced regional & public affairs professionals.
Pascal Goergen - Secretary General
- Pascal Goergen, born in Cologne in 1963, is Secretary General of the Federation of Regional Actors in Europe (FEDRA). He is currently working as a Professor at the EPHEC University College (Marketing and Business) in Brussels. He holds a PhD in Political Sciences at the UCL (Louvain-la-Neuve). From the end of 2011 to 2014, he was the Secretary General of the AER (Assembly of European Regions);
- From 2001 to 2011, Pascal Goergen was the diplomatic Representative of the Brussels-Capital Region to the European Union involved in the research and structural funds working groups of the EU Council. He also established excellent relations with the 243 regional representations offices in Brussels;
- For more than ten years, he strongly contributed to the creation of regional thematic networks such as ERRIN, NEREUS. He also acquired deep knowledge in regional matters through institutional networks such as REGLEG and CALRE. He has always been a strong supporter of the regional dimension and believes in a Europe with the regions. With FEDRA he now supports a Europe with the regional actors from both the private and public sectors.
Frédéric Soudain - Senior Advisor
- Frédéric Soudain has worked in the field of European Public Affairs for more than 25 years, advising a large number of entrepreneurial organisations such as YES, ESBA and Europe’s 500. In 1998 he founded and developed LOGOS Public Affairs which he then sold to the MCI Group in 2011;
- Through this experience, Frédéric Soudain has developed a deep understanding of the European Union decision making process as well as a strong knowledge of how to represent SMEs, enterprises, networks and federation’s interests at the European level;
- Frédéric Soudain also co-founded FSE international, a franco-belgian group that implements equipment projects in the field of health, education and research. Frederic notably helped the group to grow by opening new markets in Asia;
- More recently in 2011, Fred Soudain co-founded CTEC Leasing, a company helping businesses and local authorities to set up bikes and e-bikes fleets and improve urban mobility in cooperation with the TEC Group and Athlon Car Lease.
marion bouvet - communiCation & Community expert
- Marion Bouvet is one of FEDRA's Young Regional Ambassadors from Île-de-France region, in France;
- Marion holds a Bachelor degree in Law and a Master degree in Political Science from the University of Versailles-Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines.
- Thanks to her experience as an Entrepreneur in the Well-being sector and in European affairs, she can advise any organisation that wishes to grow. Her expertise has been recognised, as she is a professional speaker at the Institute of Political Science of Saint-Germain-en-Laye, in France.
- She is fluent in English and in French. She also has some basic understanding of German and Spanish.
cĂtĂlina leahu - Communications officer
- Cătălina is in charge of FEDRA's communication;
- Born in the city of Piatra-Neamț, Neamț region, in Romania, she is educated in the field of new media and communication, having earned a master's degree in advertising from the National School of Political Studies and Public Administration in Bucharest;
- She accumulated work experience in the field of communication, as she was a Communications and PR assistant in several NGOs based in Bucharest;
- Before working in non-governmental organisations, she was a trainee copywriter in two major advertising agencies in the capital of Romania;
- Cătălina is fluent in English, and has a basic understanding of German, and Spanish.