What is a Young Regional Ambassador?
Young Regional Ambassadors (YRAs) are regional-minded students or young professionals between the ages of 22 and 30 that have the chance to represent their region for a minimum of one year within FEDRA’s organisation.
- Promoting your region at European level by writting articles that are published in FEDRA’s News Room, Brussels-express and other local media;
- Apparticipating to the YRA Working Group, to discuss and be updated on European and regional issues;
- Helping with issues in your region by writing opinions and participating in local projects;
- Promoting tourism in your region by creating a road trip page on itinari.com.
You need to:
- Be between 22 and 30 years old;
- Speak English. It is an essential point to become a Young Regional Ambassador;
- Live in the region you choose to represent as a Young Regional Ambassador (or at least to have a postal address in the region you chose);
- Speak the common language of the said region;
- Provide at least one reference.
Moreover, your region needs to figure among the 300 European regions.
If you meet all the requirements but your region is already represented, our Secretariat will offer you to become FEDRA's Young Local Representative! They are FEDRA’s contact points in their city/town or commune to help it grow at the European level.
Code of Conduct
Young Regional Ambassadors and Local Representatives represent FEDRA at their level. As such, they have to remember that their actions may impact not only themselves, but also FEDRA's Community reputation. In order to avoid misunderstandings, it is important for them to follow our Code of Conduct that can be summarized into four main rules:
- Respect the law: FEDRA expects its Young Ambassadors and Representatives to abide by, and respect the laws in the country they act on its name;
- Respect FEDRA’s value;
- Remain professional: FEDRA expects its Young Ambassadors and Representatives to act and behave in a professional and business-like manner when acting on its behalf;
- Report to us any problem faced when acting on behalf of FEDRA
FEDRA is reserving the right to dismiss any Young Regional Ambassador or Local Representative of their title and functions if they do not comply with this Code.